Driving License in Odisha
Odisha is an Indian state well-known for its tribal culture and Hindu temples. To operate a motor vehicle in Odisha, it’s important for an individual to first hold a valid driving license.
As per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, owning a driving license is important as it acts as a legal document of proof of an individual’s ability to operate a motor vehicle in and around India.
Also Read: How To Apply Marriage Certificate
There are over 35 RTOs and 3 ARTO’s in Odisha entrusted with the responsibility of issuing driving licenses to the citizens of the state. The State Motor Vehicles Department of Odisha now lets citizens apply for a driving license online or offline, both in a hassle-free way.
From renewing your driving license to getting a duplicate driving license and also obtaining an International driving permit, you can do it all by following the below-mentioned steps.
Types of Driving Licenses in Odisha
An applicant can apply for the below types of driving licenses in Odisha. On the basis of the vehicle type, a driving license is issued to the applicant.
- Motorcycles without gear
- Motorcycles with gear
- Invalid carriage
- Light motor vehicle
- Medium goods vehicle
- Medium passenger motor vehicle
- Heavy goods vehicle
- Road roller
Also Read: How To Upload Documents To DigiLocker
Eligibility Criteria for Getting a Driving License in Odisha
To be eligible to drive a motor vehicle in Odisha, an applicant should meet the below-mentioned eligibility requirements:
- An applicant must have completed the age of 18 years to be able to drive a light motor vehicle.
- An applicant must have completed the age of 20 years to be able to drive a transport vehicle.
- The applicant must first acquire a valid driving license
- The applicant must be well-versed with traffic rules and regulations
- The applicant should apply for a permanent driving license after 30 days or within 180 days from the date of issuance of a learner’s license.
Documents Required for Getting a Driving License in Odisha
Here is a list of documents that an applicant needs to submit while applying for a driving license in Odisha
- Age proof (school certificate, birth certificate, PAN card, etc)
- Address proof (passport, voter’s ID, LIC policy bond, etc)
- Form 4
- Learner’s license
- Three passport size photographs
- Form 5 in case of the application for a transport vehicle