Biju Swastya Kalyan Yojana Odisha 2020: Apply Online, Beneficiary List, Application Form
Apply Online Biju Swastya Kalyan Yojana Odisha 2020:-
On Independence Day, the Hon’ble Chief Minister, Odisha, Shri Naveen Pattnaik has launched the BijuSwasthyaKalyanYojana (BSKY) which has two components viz:
a)Universal Health Care (Free healthcare) to all people of Odisha in all Government health institutions up to DHH levels. All persons, irrespective of income status or residence, can avail all procedures provided in Government health facilities, including in-patient beds, surgeries, OT facilities, ICU facilities, etc., without any charge.
b) Annual Cashless health coverage of 5 Lakh per family (7 Lakh to women members of the family) to 70 lakhs families that belong to the lower socio-economic section of the society of the State in all Government and 208 impaneled Private health institutions (through the existing RastriyaSwasthyaBimaYojana(RSBY), BijuKrushakKalyanYojana(BKKY) and Odisha State Treatment Fund (OSTF) schemes.
69,69,672 RSBY (BPL, MGNREGA & B&OCW families), BKKY Stream-I (Farmer families) & BKKY Stream-II (RSBY families) Cardholder families are getting Rs.1,00,000/- cashless health benefit under RSBY & BKKY insurance schemes. OSTF scheme provides top-up of additional Rs.4,00,000/- (Rs.6,00,000/- to women members of families) cashless health benefit to these RSBY/ BKKY Cardholder families. Further, families who not covered either under the BKKY or the RSBY but have annual income within Rs.60,000 in urban areas and Rs.50,000 in rural areas will be eligible for Rs.5,00,000 (Rs.7,00,000/- to women members of families) per annum health protection under OSTF in assurance mode, on the production of income certificate/ BPL Card/ Antodaya Anna Yojana Card. For Cardiac, Renal, and Cancer patients annual income is relaxed up to Rs.3,00,000/-.
Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana Odisha Schemes:-
- Scheme name: Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana/ Odisha healthcare scheme
- Launched by: CM Naveen Patnaik, Odisha government
- Announced on: 12th June
- Official launch date: 15th August
- Supervised by: Odisha government
- Target: Improve the overall health care structure of Odisha state
- Beneficiary: People of Odisha, especially poor people
- Toll Free Helpline Number: 18003456769
Key features of the scheme:-
- Advanced and financed by Odisha government: this scheme is developed by the government of Odisha and will be catering to the residents of the state. So all the financial issues will be taken care of by the state.
- 2 other health associated schemes: other than Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana, the state has also declared execution of Universal health coverage and Drop back Assistance. These schemes jointly will work towards the betterment of Odisha’s health.
- Universal Health Coverage (UHC): if any patient has to commute to any sub-central state-owned hospital from any district then he/she is not required to worry about the cost of treatment. The state government will be funding the treatment of the patient(s) who are getting treated at the public healthcare centers.
- Drop back assistance: a special scheme has been announced for feeble babies and expecting women. As per the Drop back assistance scheme, all pregnant women and ailing babies will be given Rs 500 if they go to any public health care institute. This money can be utilized for any commutation source to get back to the home after treatment or post-delivery.
- Financial aid under the scheme: to make sure that everyone in the state receives good health care facilities and treatments, the state government of Odisha has decided to provide health insurance to its residents. Each family living in Odisha will receive an amount of up to 5 lakhs from the state government. Apart from this, females will be able to receive 10 lakhs of medical coverage under this scheme.
- Indemnity for treatment: the money received can be utilized by the family members to get any secondary or triennial treatments, as per the scheme.
- Total number of beneficiaries: this scheme will try to cover 70 lakh families residing in Odisha state. This states that it will provide financial and healthcare assistance to over 3.5 crore people living in Odisha.
- Number of surgeries – As of now, this medical program will include around 255 operative procedures.
- All beneficiaries of Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana – As the Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana was active before the launch of this new scheme, the existing applicants of BKKY will be automatically assimilated under the new program.
- Under this scheme, eligible people will be able to attain financial assistance for cancer treatment. Apart from this, patients will also be able to attain heart and kidney treatment.
- For better treatment, the state government wants to bring in both private and government medical institutes. More hospitals will ensure that more patients receive necessary medical attention, without any delays.
- This medical scheme will prove to be more beneficial for the people of Odisha. The scheme highlights as many as 4,036 medical treatment packages. The state government is sure that these many packages will meet people’s requirements.
- Financial assistance from treatment is not the only thing that the applicants will receive. In case the patients need to travel outside the state, they will also attain a commutation grant from Odisha’s authority. Such candidates will attain as much as Rs. 2000 as travel allowances. This amount will be deposited in the active bank account of the patient.
- Some complex treatments are only offered by apex medical centers. To ensure that all patients receive necessary treatments, the state government has decided to enlist reputed hospitals both inside as well outside Odisha. Thus, applicants will be able to attain medical care at CMC Vellore, Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai, and Narayana Hrudalaya, which are in other states.
Documents necessary for the scheme:-
- Residential papers – The scheme will only allow those people to get the benefits, who will be able to furnish their residential certificates.
- Aadhar card – Submission of this document is a must for all ID related verifications. In case a person does not have this card yet, he/she must make arrangements to get it before the scheme completes its first year.
- BPL certificate – All applicants must submit a photocopy of their BPL certificate to attain the perks of this scheme.
- Income certificate – Due to the presence of the income-related criterion, individuals applying from villages as well as cities, must submit legal papers, which highlight that they fall within the permissible margin.
- Profession related papers – As this scheme will offer health care benefits to poor people, applicants need to submit documents that highlight that these individuals are not earning any regular salary from any organization.
Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana Smart Health Card:-
Under this scheme, the state health department will offer selected candidates with health smart cards. These cards were previously used during the launch of Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana. It has been stated by the state government that people will receive a new health smart card under Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana as well. This card is all they require to get cashless medical facilities.
Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana Application Process in Odisha:-
The Odisha government is attentive about the fact that educated and illiterate people reside in the state. Urban APL might have an idea about the online application but the same is not valid for most rural people. Thus, the health welfare scheme’s application process is rather unique. You can apply via the portal as well as make use of the offline or manual registration process. Let us check out of the application procedures in detail:
Online Application Mode:-
- The official portal of the scheme is now up and running. To land on this online page, you must make use of the link http://nhmodisha.gov.in/.
- The link will direct you to the official page of the Agriculture and Food Production Department of the state.
- Here you will find other tabs as well, which are related to the medical welfare scheme.
- One of these tabs has the name of the health development program “Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana” on it.
- If you are eligible for this scheme then click on this link to get the project-related details.
- As the scheme started in 2019 and is still active, you will see an enrollment link that says Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana Allowance 2019.
- It is linked with the online registration form of the scheme, and all eligible applicants must fill in the form in order to get the medical insurance benefits.
- As soon as the online application form opens, you will see there are several sections in it. Name, address, active mobile number, email ID, age, parents’ names, etc are some of the personal details that you have to enter in the online enrollment form.
- Additionally, you need to type in your financial and professional details. These will help the state officials to ensure that you either fall in the BPL or APL category.
- Once you finish this task, go through the form again to make sure that all details, entered by you are correct and error-free.
- After checking the application details, you must save it for scrutiny by the government. Click on the “Submit” button to accomplish this task.
- If the form fill-up and submission are successful, you will see a message on the computer screen. There will be a registration number, generated against your application. The same code will enter your registered mobile phone as an SMS.
- If you log in on this portal in the future to see the beneficiary list, then this registration code will come in handy.
Offline Application Mode:-
- Rural people and illiterate people must make use of the traditional offline or manual enrollment process.
- If you do not want to apply online, then you have to go to the office of any insurance company that is linked with the Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana.
- The medical treatment bills will be sent by the empaneled companies to these insurance companies. These agencies will check the documents and send the papers to the government for the settlement of the claims.
- When you reach the insurance company’s office, you must ask an agent for the Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana enrollment form.
- You will not need to shell out any money to get this application document.
- This document has several sections, and you must fill out all the boxes. Avoid any mistakes and overwriting.
- Do not forget to attach the photocopies of all documents, listed under the scheme.
- Submit this form, along with the papers and the insurance agents will check them.
- If they find you eligible for getting the medical insurance benefits, then the agents will generate a Medical Smart Card.
- This card will highlight your personal and contact details. The Medical Smart Card issuance is also a free service.
- When you get this card, you will officially become a beneficiary of the scheme.
- When you or any other member of your family is in need of secondary or tertiary medical treatment, then you go to the hospital and show this Medical Smart Card.
- The rest of the paper works will be taken care of by the hospital receptionists.
Budget allocated for the scheme:-
According to the financial department of the state, the successful implementation of this project will require anything between 600 crore and 800 crores. For the time being, this scheme will kick off with Rs. 250 crore.
Tags: Biju Swastya Kalyan Yojana, biju swasthya kalyan yojana toll free number, biju swasthya kalyan yojana list, biju swasthya kalyan yojana beneficiary list, biju swasthya kalyan yojana odisha apply online, biju swasthya kalyan yojana application form, odisha biju swasthya kalyan yojana, biju swasthya kalyan yojana odisha apply online.