How To Apply Biju Kanya Ratna Yojana Odisha 2020: Apply online, Registration Form
Biju Kanya Ratna (Ama Kanya Ama Ratna) Odisha:-
As many rural areas of Odisha have a low female sex ratio, the state government has taken up another scheme that will assist the parents in providing a better future for the girl children. The main aim of the government, however, is to improve the condition of girls and prevent sex discrimination. The name of this particular program is Biju Kanya Ratan Yojana. BKRS was launched in Orissa by the state government. The scheme is similar to the other schemes supporting girl child and their education, Mazi Kanya Bhagyashree Yojana and Beti Bachao Beti padhao scheme.
Biju Kanya Ratna Yojana Details:-
✔️ Name: Biju Kanya Ratan Yojana In Odisha
✔️ Launched By: Biju Patnaik
✔️ Monitored By: State Women and Child Development Department
✔️ Districts: Dhenkanal, Ganjam, Angul
✔️ Official Site: http://wcdodisha.gov.in/content/4/118
✔️ Helpline Number: 2536775 (O)
✔️ FAX Number: FAX at 2406756
✔️ Target Audience: Female of Odisha
Key features of the Biju Kanya Ratan Yojana:-
- The state-funded scheme – Like other states, the Biju Kanya Ratan Yojana will be monitored and funded by the state entirely. The central government will not provide financial assistance.
- Pilot scheme – The implementation of the program has been taken up on a pilot basis. Once it starts producing positive results, it will be implemented in all parts of the state. Under the pilot basis, it will be implemented in worst-affected areas.
- Tenure of the scheme – It has been stated in the guidelines of the program that the scheme will be implemented for three years.
- Striking a balance in the sex ratio – The stark decline in the district wise and overall sex ratio has taken up an alarming shape. Thus, the state government wants to implement the BKRY for improving not only the Sex at Birth ration but also increase the Child Sex Ratio.
- The coverage area of the scheme – In the preliminary stages, the program will be implemented in the three selected districts of the state. These have the lowest sex ration balance as per the statistical reports. The names of these districts are Dhenkanal, Ganjam, and Angul.
- Monetary assistance for higher education – As per the guidelines, the registered female candidates will acquire higher amounts of financial assistance after they attain the age of 18 years and place forth their desire of attaining higher academic degrees.
- Tracking the academic status of the children – As per the guidelines, all registered candidates will be provided improved facilities of elementary education. Apart from providing stationaries, the scheme will also keep a close watch at the percentage of female student dropouts and take preventive measures.
- Creating an overall better environment for female children – In rural areas, the families see the birth of a female child as a burden. It has played a part in increasing gender biases. With this scheme, the state government wants to ensure that all girls get adequate nutrition, education, and health.
- Developed facilities for Anganwadi – The development of Anganwadi services have a key role to play in the betterment of mothers and female children’s health. For that, the state department ensured that around 24000 new Anganwadi centers will be erected within 4 years. The inauguration of the 1st segment has been done already and 1000 Anganwadi centers have been given the green signal.
- Providing necessary self-awareness lessons – Apart from all this, the scheme will also ensure that all teenage girls get information about sexual development, reproductive functions, and resistance maneuvers.
Eligibility criteria of Biju Kanya Ratan Yojana:-
- For the residents of Odisha only – Like most state exclusive scheme, the development and the implementation of the Biju Kanya Ratan Yojana has been done for the betterment of the condition of female children in the state and it is open only for the residents of Odisha.
- For one or two girls only – It has been mentioned in the draft of the program that all the families, which have a girl child will be able to register under the scheme. The scheme enables registration of a maximum of two girls per family.
- NRIs will not be allowed – The scheme also has a specification that bars the registration of a female child if she has an NRI certificate or has NRI parents.
- Presence of Sukanya Samriddhi Account – All the candidates who wish to get the benefits of under the Biju Kanya Ratan Yojana will have to have an active bank account where the funds will be transferred. The female candidate must be registered under the SSS.
The state government of Odisha has already started work towards the appropriate implementation of the scheme will full vigor. It has been reported that for the time being, the state government has allocated a sum of 3.5 crores for meeting the expenses of the pilot scheme. But it has also been mentioned that more funds will be allocated if needed.
Tags: biju kanya ratna yojana, बीजू कन्या रत्न योजना, biju kanya ratna yojana how to apply, biju kanya ratna yojana online apply, biju kanya ratna yojana odisha, biju kanya ratna yojana orissa, biju kanya ratna yojana online form, biju kanya ratna yojana registration.