Lalita Saptami 2022 Date, Images, Quotes, Book, Significance and Rituals
Lalita Saptami is a festival commemorating Sri Lalita Devi. It is the birthday of Lalita Devi, a close friend of Radha Devi. Lalita Saptami occurs on the seventh day of the Shukla Paksha, in the month of Bhadrapad. Lalita Devi was one of Radha’s most devoted gopis.
It is a very auspicious day with great significance. Lalita Saptami occurs one day before Radharani’s holy appearance (Radhashtmi). Lalita Devi was Radharani and Lord Krishna’s favourite. On this day, it is considered extremely auspicious to worship Lalita Devi alongside Lord Krishna.
Lalita Saptami is celebrated on the seventh day of Bhadrapad month during the Shukla Paksha, or waxing phase of the moon. The date for Lalita Saptami 2022 is September 3. On this day, Lalita Devi is said to have appeared. The Vaishnava community is the primary observer of pujas, rituals, and festivals. It is significant for devout Krishna devotees. The following is a quick guide to observing the Lalita Saptami Vrat.
Lalita Saptami 2022 Date and Time
|Date and Month||Year|
How Should Lalita Saptami Vrat be Observed?
- After a bath in the early morning, one should meditate on Ganesha.
- After that, prayers are offered to Ganesha, Goddess Lalitha Devi, Goddess Parvati, Goddess Sashti, Karik, Shiva, and Shaligram for the day.
- Offerings to the deities include coconut, rice, turmeric, sandalwood paste, gulal, flowers, and milk. (Most people only bring flowers.) In some areas, a copper vessel is placed in the puja room.
- In the puja area, a red thread, or mauli, is kept. This is worn on the right hand after prayers.
- The fast lasts from sunrise to sunrise the following day. On the day, only one meal is consumed. Working women, students, and those with medical issues should not fast. Only prayers should be offered.
- After praying, the fast is broken the next morning. Prasad is the distribution of a fruit that has been offered to the deities.